This is a Courseware on Problemistics.
A Courseware is a structured set of learning materials produced and accessed using hardware and software tools.
Problemistics is the art and craft of Problem Dealing.
The Courseware general outlook is based on the following premisses:
- Pluralism - Unitarism: differentiation and integration, variety and unity, discrete and continuous as the characteristics of any life experience
- Anarchism - Communism: free and open-minded pursuit of knowledge; active willingness to spread and share it
- Finalism - Instrumentalism: amalgamation of ends and means, theory and praxis, ideas and actions
The Courseware consists of four interconnected Blocks:
- Textbook (themes and topics)
- Notebook (passages and quotations)
- Toolbook (methods and techniques)
- Biblio (references and contents)
Each of the four blocks of the Courseware comprises materials (text, notes, tools, references) spanning four Sections:
The sections of the Courseware are arranged and presented as a network of interrelated Units focusing mainly on entities and their:
- Definitions: denomination/differentiation
- Classifications: categorization/systematization
- Functions: utilization/finalization
Note For a further exploration of the topic see Toolbook : Presentation.
Problem Dealing (^)
Problem Dealing (^)
Problem Dealing, the activity of Problemistics, is concerned with:
- Problem Framing
- Problem Finding
- Problem Solving
- Problem Acting
The activities of Problem Dealing are characterized by a series of Dimensions concerning the relation between the human being (Problem Dealer) and the felt dissatisfaction (Problem).
These Dimensions refer to the following aspects:
- Emotive: feeling, wishing
- Cognitive: thinking, knowing
- Volitive: willing, doing
Problem Dealing requires certain Qualities, i.e. attitudes and aptitudes, on the part of the Problem Dealer.
These Qualities can be grouped under the following labels:
|Thrill||emotive dimension||i.e. enthusiasm, empathy|
|Skill||cognitive dimension||i.e. creativity, consistency|
|Will||volitive dimension||i.e. patience, perseverance|
Problem Dealing takes place in the various Spheres of life experience.
These Spheres are generally referred to as:
- Biosphere: nature and environment
- Sociosphere: individuals and groups
- Technosphere: tools and artifacts
Problem Dealing has two main purposes:
- Specific Purpose: disposal of the Problem
- General Purpose: development of Well-Being
Well-Being is a dynamic condition characterized by:
- Wisdom: knowledge of reality and mastery in relating to it
- Wealth: freedom, richness and meaningfulness of choices
- Health: biosocial (environment) and psychophysical (person) soundness
Wisdom is appropriate understanding and judgement of reality, based on deep Knowledge that reaches the core and essence of reality.
Wisdom emerges in the process of Research (Problem Finding) as a result of the search for Knowledge that might elucidate the source and nature of a Problem with which a human being is confronted.
Wealth is freedom, richness and meaningfulness of choices and is not to be confused with abundance of material goods (affluence).
Wealth emerges in the process of Design (Problem Solving) as a result of the shaping of Solutions to a continuous series of Problems with which the human being is confronted.
Health is biosocial (environment) and psychophysical (person) soundness and is not to be mistaken for simple lack of social ills or absence of physical/mental illness.
Health emerges in the process of Planning (Problem Acting) as a result of the actuation of Solutions to Problems with which the human being is confronted.
Problem Dealing : overview (^)
Problem Dealing is the activity aimed at the disposal of a Problem and the development of Well-Being.
It is characterized by:
- Dimensions: emotive, cognitive, volitive
- Qualities: thrill, skill, will
- Purposes: wisdom, wealth, health
These dimensions/qualities/purposes will emerge and play a role, implicitly or explicitly, in the various stages and activities of Problem Dealing, starting with the Framework that surrounds and pervades them.